Thursday, October 21, 2010

HAND MADE TYPE!




So this past week I was surfing the net like a banshee! When allll of the sudden I stumbled across yet another beautiful entry up on behance.net. The type/photo above was created by Handmadefont.com. What got me excited about this photo was not only do I love cheese, but I also enjoy type and have many times tried to eat type as well. (turns out it does not taste as good as cheese) So upon further investigation of this font I stumbled upon the design firm Handmadefont. And the cheesiness doesn't stop there! Turns out these guys pump out fonts like cheez whiz straight out of the bottle. And we all know how good cheez whiz is...am i right!

Handmadefont, founded in 2008 by Vladimir Loginov and Maksim Loginov has currently created over 264 fonts and that number doesn't seem to be slowing down. Their approach is sharp, like a nice block of cheddar! To create type, they take inspiration from the things around them, and the things we all use on a daily basis. Want a font for that next project you're doing on clowns. Psssh...no problem, they've done it!

I think what I really get out of the doooood's at handmadefont is there level of commitment and ability to execute an idea to the fullest. Sometimes taking the simplest ideas can make the most beautiful imagery. Its a lesson we can all learn. And surely something we can all appreciate!

Here's some more amazingly gouda images!






No comments:

Post a Comment