Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Edible Type

With the restaurant show just around the corner, food hangs heavy on my mind. Food has all I've been thinking about lately, so much so that I haven't even had time to eat it. This blog has showed me how beautiful food can be (when you're not tediously designing different meals in indesign). I stumbled upon this blog called Food Typography, Uniting Aesthetics and Foodstuffs -- a tasty project by Danielle Evans.  Danielle is an artist working in Columbus, Ohio. Her type style corresponds so beautifully with the ingredient she is using to make it and the way she is styling it/using colors to set the taste. You can really tell she put a lot of time into researching the ways the ingredient and typography relate to one another. I think it is a really interesting take on type and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.

Her website: http://marmaladebleue.com
is where you can find more of these images and learn a little more about Danielle's creative use of type.












No comments:

Post a Comment